Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Too Much Support for a Candidate?


The other day my brother Shawn accused me possibly being related to Mitt after I praised him in an e-mail that was supposed to be praising my mother for getting a recent interview.

Today, my co-worker asked, "What will you do if Mitt doesn't win the nomination?" "Will you be o.k?"

I have contemplated a loss from time to time. It is during these moments of introspection that I realize that life can deal us some very hard blows. I guess I'll just have to deal with it. But it just doesn't seem possible to me. Mitt is the best choice for POTUS. He's got the IT factor. Plus, he's not asking his staffers to go without pay, as Julia Gulia has and as Mike "Aw" Shucksabee has. Money is important in a campaign. Mitt is often criticized because he has spent a lot of his own money on this campaign. But he has also raised the most money out of any candidate. That says something about his candidacy. People across the board are supporting him. Read the exit polls. The Republican party loves him. The Mainstream Media hates him. That's good. The MSM loves John McCain. That's not a good thing, you know.

I will vote the party, no matter what. Although, it will be tough to cast a vote for Rudy or Johnny Boy, I will do it over the other folks.

But I don't dwell on the possiblity of a Romney loss. For now, I just hope that the U.S. is able to make the right choice.

Go Mitt!
Dutkiewicz

1 comment:

H-less said...

This sounds like it should be a post that came after the debate tonight. Did you get to see it/hear it? I had to watch it on the internet with some interference (not to mention Mommy duties) but have been able to read the transcript since. Romney being asked how much of his own money he put in and then responding so perfectly, I thought, with exactly what you said- he's raised more than any other candidate, and how could he expect to ask his friends and others to contribute if he didn't..and that he (more than anyone else) doesn't ove anyone anything now by his personal contributions. For me the debate just started really slow and I was fearing for our low energy being compared to the so-called- democratic revival, but Romney sure went to bat mid way through. I share your intensity. I will feel so sorry for America if they do not vote Romney in because they will really miss out.

They also discussed not needing to be on the side with the media as you did. COuldn't agree more. Thanks for the post and letting me rant for a bit.

GO Mitt! Actually, Go America! Figure it out.