Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Hanging Chad, Anyone?


McCain told a lie. He saw the polls moving in Romney's favor and wanted to change the subject from the economy back to IRAQ, where he can display his "expertise." His lie? Well, he said that Romney had advocated for a date certain of removal of the troops from IRAQ. Romney clearly did not say this. Even the liberal newspaper that endorsed John McCain called him dishonest:


The New York Times says of McCain's charge: "The charge appears to be misleading." Will the paper be withdrawing its endorsement of McCain?


But it worked! The Floridians fell for it. And as they should. It was a shrewd political move and Romney had no choice but to defend himself and thus, the topic was back on IRAQ. Perfect move by McLame. He knew that most people don't read anything but the headline of a newspaper and don't watch more than the evening news on t.v. which reports via "soundbite."


History shows that momentum is everything when it comes to Super Tuesday. McAmnesty has momentum. Romney needs to open the warchest and advertise heavy in all states over the next week. Otherwise, he'll be a Quizno Sub: Toasted!


By the way, has anyone noticed that Aw Shucksabee is not dropping out? Want to take a guess as to why not? Because his base won't transfer over to McNasty even if he endorses him. Many of them would support Mitt Romney, even if they have a "Mormon" problem. But stay in the race, and those religious right who still believe in miracles will stay with Iowa Luckabee. It's the best way for him to endorse McCain - Stay in the race.


Thanks Florida! Thanks for nothing!


Dutkiewicz

2 comments:

H-less said...

I'm so glad you wrote this. I was laughing so hard you made me feel like I wasn't as upset as I thought. So are Governor Christ and Huckabee trying to duke it out for VP for McCain? I am so frustrated that Huckabee is staying in, especially since he splits the vote. I feel like they are this sly little team. I am trying to not be too consumed by it, yet it is so personal to me now...I've left neutral ground. I read your post out loud to my brother, and we laughed so hard over the names you give the candidates.

JAMIE said...

THis is Sara's sister...I am so glad I found your site. Sara explained to me that the "Thanks Forida. Thanks for Nothing." came from you.

I needed this little post. I have been so frustrated with politics lately that I have almost stopped caring, which is not me at all. So, thanks for your insights and your humor and way of spinning things. I am back in it baby.

GO ROMNEY!