Friday, February 1, 2008

Politics Break







Well, I'm taking a break from Politics. A few updates from the Dutkiewicz Family Homestead:

1. My mom got a job! My mom recently graduated from Chapman University with a degree in Marriage and Family Counseling / Psychology and moved from California to Prescott, AZ. She searched long and hard for a job in her field. At first, it was really difficult for her and sometimes she felt as though maybe no one wanted to hire her because of her age. But she stayed determined and stuck with it. She got a job near her home in Prescott and is very excited. Her efforts were a great example to all of us of persistence and following your dreams. All her life she has had jobs. Now, she has a career. Way to go, Mom. Way to go.

2. Grant has turned ONE! We are having a small party tomorrow and will post pictures of the festivities. We're proud of him for learning to walk, babble, carry spatulas, run around naked, and push a stroller all in his first year.

3. I quit my job. Really. And I don't have another waiting in the wings. I won't go into detail as to what happened, but basically, I got fed up with the powers that be. My goal is to start my own little solo practice, but I will be looking for employment as well, in case my little crack at a small business doesn't pan out the way it does in my 1:00 a.m. ponderings.


Dutkiewicz
Pssst...Go Mitt (I couldn't resist!)



5 comments:

H-less said...

Thank you for sharing what you did on my blog. I remembered hearing some about your father before. Hooray for angel mothers who somehow do it on their own! What determination that must bring you in your parenting.

Your Grant is just adorable. Hope he gets to go crazy in a cake!

Sounds like some adventurous times ahead in the job finding/creating.

H-less said...

PS- my family has been saying "thanks florida, thanks for nothing" the past few days- thanks to your previous post which my brother and I read together...so today my little bro got his call to none other than FLORIDA! I'm afraid that thanks for nothing is going to stick around longer.

Spencer and Emily Nelson family said...

Geez, it's about time you give Mitt a break and post Grant. I get enough of the politics from my dad! :) Congrats to your mom. I hope she is truly happy. Happy Birthday Grant! The 1st child's
1st b-day is always a big deal. My poor 2nd child got shafted. Hey, if you can't find a job, we have weeds in the backyard to be pulled! Let me know.

Rachelle said...

Happy birthday, Grant! My, my, time flies. He's such a cutie with the most beautiful eyes. (Hey, that rhymed!)

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Grant! He is adorable...can't wait to meet him in person someday! We'll set him up with our baby girl in a few years! Good luck with the business venture!